Posted (edited)

THE HISTORY:- 

Taxal lodge was built in 1904 and was the home of Lt. Col. H. Ramsden  Jodrell. Who died in 1950. The lodge then became a special School. This Lodge replaced an earlier Taxal Lodge originally built futher up the valley which is long gone.
The current Taxal Lodge closed in 2005 and has been the target of Vandals ever since. decay has really set in and most the upper floors are either fallen through or very unsafe.

There is also an abuse issue at the former childrens home with a former employees being convicted.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/paedophile-coach-centre-football-sex-9343857.

THE VISIT:- Quick early morning visit with easy access to the site. most of the building has been trashed inside with the floors very unsafe if they are even in place! 

DSC_0076_DxO

FROM THE TENNIS COURT

DSC_0075_DxO

DSC_0073_DxO

DSC_0072_DxO

DSC_0066_DxO

CAN I PLAY WITH YOUR BALLS! FOOTBALL TABLE

DSC_0061_DxO

FLAKEY

DSC_0056_DxO

DSC_0050_DxO

DSC_0048_DxO

POOL!

DSC_0047_DxO

DSC_0044_DxO

DOORS.

DSC_0041_DxO

TO THE OFFICE BOY!

DSC_0039_DxO

DSC_0037_DxO

DSC_0035_DxO

DSC_0033_DxO

A BIT TO DERPY FOR ME 4/10

Edited by PORKY PIG
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, FunkyMuffin said:

I love peeling paint and views through broken windows - fab! (even though it was a bit wrecked)

alot wrecked!

• Like 1

Was this recently sir? I went about a year ago and the floors were somewhat sketchy then.

You should have a certificate or award for bravery/stupidity (delete as applicable). Top stuff as usual sir

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Waveydave said:

Was this recently sir? I went about a year ago and the floors were somewhat sketchy then.

You should have a certificate or award for bravery/stupidity (delete as applicable). Top stuff as usual sir

haha yes this week. it was indeed perilous!!  

• Like 1