Waveydave

Parking--Thoughts on urbex parking

Something i've always found frustrating on a sploor is where to leave the car. Very rarely can you drive straight to the doorstep of a site, neither is it necessarily a good idea too. (Unless your car has false number plates). More often than not our goal lies at the end of some muddy dirt track or remote footpath, often where there just isnt anywhere to park, parking somewhere quiet and inconspicuous is good. But some of the "rougher" places leaving a car out of sight is a good way of getting it robbed. Parking at the local village may seem a good idea but some of these have a tiny population of what appear to be slightly simple folk that are all related to each other and know at an instant when theres an "outsiders" car parked at the local pub. With some of the bigger sites with a lot of footfall it must be fairly obvious to the locals where these visitors with cameras are heading. Which wouldnt really matter if people werent so feckin nosey with nowt to do besides write down car reg. nos. and report people. 

So.... 

Whats everyone else's thoughts on parking at locations....Maybe you walk, or use public transport (OK if ya young and healthy enough, Not so for someone rapidly nearing his fiftieth birthday with dodgy blood pressure). 

In conclusion maybe getting ya mate to drive would be the safest solution

• Like 2

That last sentence seems to sum up fraggs's solution lol

I always try to park away from the target location depending on how much wingeing goes on determines how far away. 

• Like 2

I’ve literally dumped my beloved Audi in some farmers field and decided to disappear for 2 hours, was all safe! When up north the boyfriend drove so when parking at said hotel we parked half a mile down the road 😂

• Haha 1

That’s a tough one. I need to get as close as possible but I don’t want to ruin my brand new car either. I mostly parked by farmers fields when exploring in Wales. Close to home, usually in a neighbourhood teeming with people or the nearest supermarket 😂

• Like 1