Salem Methodist Chapel in Arthog was built in 1833 and rebuilt in 1868 in the Gothic syle of the gable-entry type, by architect Thomas Thomas of Landore. Salem closed in 1973 and has remained disused to this day.

The Visit: A huge thank you to @Tbolt for the local! The first visit was a failure, I'd been on the road all day, I was tired and it had started to rain. I still needed to drive to Porthmadog for the night so I gave up. I was due to visit Denbigh the next day but this chapel was eating at the back of my mind all night. The next morning I decided to give it a go. I found an entry point and somebody had conveniently discarded a small bin in the bushes. I thought it would be easy, but as I squeezed my body through the opening, with one toe on a pew I slipped. Camera in hand I landed with an almighty thud. A dust cloud circled around me and I was worried I had ruined my lens. I have never been so filthy in all my life, my camera was pretty dusty as well. It turned out ok, but it took several minutes to regain my composure. I can say it was just as difficult to get out!

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

• Like 1

Excellent pics chuck 

I loved this place 

Glad you finally made it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Excellent pics chuck 

I loved this place 

Glad you finally made it

Thank you! Like you said, “it’s all in the timing”. I do think that there are quite a few pews missing though, seems more trashed than on your visit 😞

1 hour ago, Fragglehunter said:

I loved this place, excellent pictures. A proper mini gem this place.

Thank you kind sir! I wouldn’t mind a revisit. Maybe I’ll wrap myself in bubble wrap first 🤣

• Like 1