Sign in to follow this  
snorky

Ex DDR site location needed

Yo

long time/ no etc.

Will be spending some time in the former DDR and some other places in the next few weeks. I am specifically after the location of of any abandoned DDR Horsaal ( auditorium/ Schools) - i have heard about it, seen a few pics not not able to track it down yet. Any info by PM appreciated

Would also appreciate any info regarding anything off the beaten track I can explore in the region as I will have wheels and a little  time on my hands - hospitals / schools etc as well as the usual bunersk would be welcomed. I have done the usual places so looking for some tips

cheers#

S.

Posted (edited)

So i will be away for a fortnight. looking to do several thousand miles and find some stuff that isnt out there much. Lots of time spent on google earth looking for clues . When you find a overgrown track in a forest that is constructed from concrete slabs laid end to end, you are usually onto something good. Looking to sweep through the former DDR and down to Bosnia before the return trip as plan A.  Some lignite mining based stuff as well as DDR/ SovBlok detritus on scope.   Plan B and C are a bit more difficult and will be dependent upon the actual conditions of travel and roads involved but may include somewhere rather silly.

rumours of hidden tank factory in poland - anyone come across this ?

Will update when i know more

Edited by snorky

No problem - i have an ability to find other stuff by accident so am expecting lots of interesting stuff to pop up. Aiming to hit Titos Vila Izvor in Croatia before heading back 

While you're there have a look at Vogelsang, I'm not sure how much is left of it but if you're around that area it might be worth visiting too.

Vogelsang has the dreaded EU development signs now- heavy machinery is on site