The Coombe Park Estate was constructed in 1865 and today lies on 125 acres of land. It was once used by an aristocratic family to breed racehorses and within the last few years has been repossessed. It is currently on the market for £10 million. The existing house is 13,368 sq ft with extensive gardens that include a former orangery, walled garden, former greenhouses, outdoor swimming pool, indoor tennis court, boathouse, stables, paddocks, coach house, timber lodge, clock lodge, and barns. The property was used as a rest and recuperation centre for the US Air Force during the Second World War. 

The explore: It was a lovely day to drive through the Oxfordshire countryside and I wasn't sure to expect when I got there. There were ample places to step right through the fence and onto the long driveway. As I turned the corner, the house came into view; completely boarded up! I took a quick walk around the outside of the mansion looking for an entry point. As I stopped to take a picture of the outdoor swimming pool a large deer bolted which made me jump. I then hear a "crack" behind me, thinking it was another animal I slowly turn around straight into the face of a well muscled, tattooed security guard! A few seconds later, another one appears. After apologising profusely, I asked how they knew I was there. "You've set off all the perimeter alarms" he says with a smile. I was horrified and stumbling over my words telling them that I was a landscape photographer and had followed a bird onto the property (yes, I really did say that). "Do I look like an urbexer?" I ask. The guy started laughing and commented on how nice my camera was and convinced I wasn't there to trash the place. He gave me a brief history and then told me that I was free to wander the property. He pointed me in the direction of some outbuildings and told me to stay away from the caretaker's place. I had a bit of a wander and as I was photographing the stables with nowhere to run, I was caught by the caretaker who was less than pleased to see me there. I was forced to leave after that, so only got a few pics. You can google Coombe Park Manor to see interior pics of the house.

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

Oooh I like this chuck

Fab pics too 👍

Thank you! Was such a wonderful stroll in 27 degree heat! I got fried 😂

8 hours ago, Fragglehunter said:

this place looks bloody good, derp green houses, I love a good derp green houses

Yay Fraggs is back!! Hope you are well and thank you kind sir! There was so much more to explore, pitty I got kicked out before I could finish.