Jump to content
jadewest94

Camera's and lenses?

Recommended Posts

Hello you lovelys!

Right, need a new camera as the camera I have currently was £15 from ebay marked as "spares or repairs" nothing wrong with it, its a fujifilm. Looking for something a little better. Send me some links please or suggestions! Not going to be buying a brand new one just want some idea's on which way to be heading for a "decent" camera.

 

Cheers! :young-wizard:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without wanting to be rude.....what sort of budget are you looking at?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Try this guy. I’ve sold camera gear to him and bought my current nikkor lens from him which was listed as used, but was actually brand new condition. He’s based in Brighton? and does everything by post. Sell him your current camera or use it as a partial payment for any new/used stuff.

https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlp7l1sCR2gIVx7ftCh0LFAwWEAAYASAAEgJnLfD_BwE

Edited by FunkyMuffin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost anything entry level these days is pretty good. It all depends what you want out of a camera really. Its a case of you'll either spend hours and hours on research and deliberating with yourself, or you'll just pick one and fly with it :D

If you believe all the guff on DXOmark.com their tests of the nikon D3400 put that at one of the "best" crop sensor bodies you can buy, really cheap right now (£348 amazon) the D3400 with a lens.

I spent weeks deciding on my camera, humming and haaing about what lens to get etc...

There are plenty of "best budget camera" lists and all that out there, have a gander over those, pick a few cameras you like and do some digging on them too.

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/buying-guides/best-camera-for-beginners-best-entry-level-dslr-mirrorless-and-compact-cameras

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

Without wanting to be rude.....what sort of budget are you looking at?

Depends, looking second hand so willing to spend up to £200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, FunkyMuffin said:

Try this guy. I’ve sold camera gear to him and bought my current nikkor lens from him which was listed as used, but was actually brand new condition. He’s based in Brighton? and does everything by post. Sell him your current camera or use it as a partial payment for any new/used stuff.

https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlp7l1sCR2gIVx7ftCh0LFAwWEAAYASAAEgJnLfD_BwE

thanks will check it out :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can get a used fuji xt10 on amazon. 

I'd ignore all the bullshit about this brand being better than that brand they all do the same job and if yoyr used to fuji you mat be as well sticking with em. 

Don't know owt about Canon but for £200 you can probably get a new entry lever nikon 3100.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

Can get a used fuji xt10 on amazon. 

I'd ignore all the bullshit about this brand being better than that brand they all do the same job and if yoyr used to fuji you mat be as well sticking with em. 

Don't know owt about Canon but for £200 you can probably get a new entry lever nikon 3100.

Okay then thanks! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PORKY PIG said:

ive got a nikon 3200 and i love it. payed £250 about 3 years ago for it. they hold their price second hand around 200/250

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nikon-D3200-Digital-SLR-Camera-with-18-55mm-VR-Lens-Kit-Bag-8GB-memory-card/263575881268?hash=item3d5e58c634:g:~lkAAOSwfuBavPCe

some people like cannon some people like nikon. 

 

Seems you and I have the same camera. Can’t fault mine one bit, I love it!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

sometimes though i could do with sharper pictures but for the money its a great camera but for what i use it for it's ideal and robust 

 

 

Edited by PORKY PIG
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nowt wrong with the 3200 I still have one somewhere 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Can get a used fuji xt10 on amazon. 

I'd ignore all the bullshit about this brand being better than that brand they all do the same job and if yoyr used to fuji you mat be as well sticking with em. 

Don't know owt about Canon but for £200 you can probably get a new entry lever nikon 3100.

 

X-T10 is a nice camera but Fuji lenses tend to be pricey although usually really good quality, there aren't any alternatives from Sigma or Tamron (yet), so make sure you have a budget for them. Canon and Nikon systems were around for many years so ebay is flooded with cheaper lenses for those two. And I'm saying this as a Fuji X-T2 owner. :)

But you can't go wrong with the X-T10 and 18-55 if it fits withing your budget.

Edited by MrSovieticus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jadewest94 said:

It all depends on what you are planning on taking pics of Jade. If it's mainly indoor derp then you probably want something that goes quite wide so consider a wide angle (or wangle) but they are usually a bit pricey but something like an 18-55 kit lens would be quite cheap and a good all rounder.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

It all depends on what you are planning on taking pics of Jade. If it's mainly indoor derp then you probably want something that goes quite wide so consider a wide angle (or wangle) but they are usually a bit pricey but something like an 18-55 kit lens would be quite cheap and a good all rounder.

okay that kind of makes sense I guess :P I shall have a look around :)

 

somthing like this? - https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/used-equipment/used-photo-and-video/used-lenses/used-canon-fit-lenses/canon-ef-s-18-55mm-f-3-5-5-6-iii/sku-719732/

Edited by jadewest94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep for £45 that sounds ok I'd just check with em that it will auto focus with that body. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×