Hello,

Thought I would say hello. I am a keen photographer with an appreciation of life before today. Love old buildings and the faded grandeur that refuses to die. 

Although in my 50's I'm hopefully off to Uni in September to study photography as I need to fulfil my creative side. 

I am based near Denbigh in North Wales so we have Denbigh Mental on our doorstep which is always worth a visit now the self appointed security loon and his dog have been carted.

Would anyone know of a cinema that would be suitable for a shoot? It would need to be safe as I am going to have a model and a make up artist in tow as well. Not too bothered where as it will cost enough to pay the fees for the model and MUA. I have professional  portable lighting so power isn't an issue. Main thing is it still looks like a Cinema.

Hopefully may well meet one or two of you along the way. 

Best wishes

Mr W

• Like 4

Ey up mate, 

Don't know of any cinemas atm but keep your ears and eyes 👀 open one will pop up. 

Good to have you aboard and if I get round to visiting said asylum I might give you a shout. 

Welcome, i'm North Wales based myself.
Has old Elwyn gone then?
There used to be an old Cinema in Denbigh but I never did it, think it was mostly a shell?

Welcome! I’ll be plodding around Denbigh in May. Wish I knew of some old cinemas, but I live in the south, which apparently doesn’t exist to some people 🤣

What became of Elwyn? I would have loved to have talked to him about how he remembers Denbigh asylum when it was open. However, I doubt he'd have been cooperative even if I attempted and wasn't tying to gain access. 

Welcome btw. :)

5 hours ago, Dystopia said:

What became of Elwyn? I would have loved to have talked to him about how he remembers Denbigh asylum when it was open. However, I doubt he'd have been cooperative even if I attempted and wasn't tying to gain access. 

Welcome btw. :)

To put it lightly I don't think he gave a shit about the place, he only wanted to pretend he had some power.

On 3/24/2018 at 6:50 PM, Blober said:

To put it lightly I don't think he gave a shit about the place, he only wanted to pretend he had some power.

Always a possibility, especially when he packed a dog and two large Welsh guard chavs. I know not of the dog but his pet guard chavs took commands in Welsh.

Kinnel Pyro

i thought you'd broken your puter or summat

xD

Hi and welcome, theres an old cinema in my home town but its pretty well sealed. Bin empty for years and had an eye on it but last people to get in were nabbed by the rozzers