Sign in to follow this  
Waveydave

Tots TV...August 2017

For those who havent heard of tots tv, it was a childrens puppet based show in the early/ mid 90s. Made by Ragdoll productions the show was centred around a cottage in a secret woods where the 3 main characters (Tilly, Tom and Tiny) lived. The show ceased production after 276 episodes over 8 series.
 Most people would think that the cottage was just a studio set, and they would be partly correct. It was specifically built for the show in a small wood rented from a local farmer, the same place where Teletubbies was made, also by Ragdoll productions.. Many features are authentic and functional, such as the windows and fireplace, although much of the building behind the superficial facade is a workshop/ studio. The most notable difference however is the fact that the cottage is only about 2/3rds of full size making it more than a bit cosy inside.
 After nearly 20 years of abandonment this superficial building has survived fairly well considering how it was built but water and plant life have taken a toll . The woods have steadily enclosed the cottage and parts are almost totally overgrown. In fact, the woods are so dense and dark that we could barely see the place. and it has developed a rather creepy evil dead type of vibe.  Maybe the remoteness and elusiveness of this site have kept away the idiots and thieves that plague places like this. This is the first place ive been in for a while that hasnt been on fire and there is no graffiti anywhere. Even the electric cables are still there along with a few other remnants. 
Glad i managed to find the place (after much research) and glad it wasnt trashed but the fact remains that it was only ever a temporary building and built as such so it wont take many more winters before the remains of this cute little cottage submit to mother natures onslaught.

36312692746_8d287d107f_z.jpgDSCF6080 by Tazz & Moomoo, on Flickr

36312603896_7dd648d7e6_z.jpgDSCF6101 by Tazz & Moomoo, on Flickr

36220165031_9ba2ee905b_z.jpgDSCF6103 by Tazz & Moomoo, on Flickr

36356913745_af41335d0a_z.jpgDSCF6130 by Tazz & Moomoo, on Flickr

35548687613_681baaab00_z.jpgDSCF6081 by Tazz & Moomoo, on Flickr

36188543692_7689cdc82a_z.jpgDSCF6083 by Tazz & Moomoo, on Flickr

36357030165_6cfa21c84a_z.jpgDSCF6086 by Tazz & Moomoo, on Flickr

35960192520_443f91275f_z.jpgDSCF6085 by Tazz & Moomoo, on Flickr

35521460024_67b4b53ebe_z.jpgDSCF6116 by Tazz & Moomoo, on Flickr

thanks fer lookin peeps

• Like 4

bloody splendid derp there sir

I don't remeber the program as I'm too young but Blacksnack does.

• Haha 3

great report i was looking at this the other day only a stones throw away from the old teletubbies set (now not there) but a bit of a trek from up north. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PORKY PIG said:

great report i was looking at this the other day only a stones throw away from the old teletubbies set (now not there) but a bit of a trek from up north. 

Yes. Telly tubbies was filmed at the same farm. The set is now a lake😱

• Like 1